Altrui Egg Donation and Apricity are delighted to bring you another egg donation webinar for recipients. The event is in partnership with the lovely Becky Kearns (also known as Defining Mum), and will take place online on September 15th. It’s a chance to hear stories from the different perspectives of donor conception in a safe, supportive space.
The evening is free to attend and hosted on Zoom with a number of egg donation experts. It will be split into two parts:
1. Donation Stories and Q&A will be held from 18:00 – 19:00 and feature stories from:
- Becky Kearns, (also known as Defining Mum) who will share her story of egg donation as a recipient
- Angela Pericleous-Smith, Counsellor and Chair of the British Infertility Counselling Association, who will chat through the emotional aspects of making a decision
- Jane Holman, egg donation lead at Altrui, who will outline what you can expect when reaching out to a donation agency
- Rachel, an Altrui egg donor, who will talk about her donation journey
- Emma, a donor-conceived adult who will share her experience
2. Breakout Sessions will take place from 19:00 – 20:00 on the following topics:
- 19:00 – 19:15: Finding a UK donor with Altrui’s Jane Holman
- 19:15 – 19:30: How treatment works for you and your donor with Apricity’s Lucy Beaumont
- 19:30 – 19:45: Why I Donate with Sarah, an Altrui egg donor
- 19:45 – 20:00: Life After Donor Conception: Talking About Telling with Becky and Happy Together author (and fellow donor egg mum) Julie Marie
You can register for our Egg Donation Webinar, Discovering Donation, here.
Attending the Event
After you register, you will receive an email with a Zoom link, which you will need to access the event. We’ll send reminders closer to the event, but please check your junk folder, as sometimes the emails end up there.
We understand that some would like to access the event anonymously. Video and audio will not be on for participants. If you would like to hide your username, we suggest entering the room with a different name on the day. We will require an email for registration in order to send you the Zoom details, but this will not be shared with anyone else. Please download Zoom ahead of the event to avoid any technical difficulties on the day.
Discovering Donation is free to attend and open to anyone who might benefit. It’s the perfect opportunity to listen to those who have been through the process first-hand and to ask questions in a safe, supportive and remote environment. The event is for couples, women and men considering solo parenthood and anyone keen to learn more about egg donation.
Have questions for the speakers? Please ask them here and we’ll do our very best to answer during the webinar or after.
A message from Becky Kearns:
I’ve been delighted to partner with Altrui on a series of webinars over the past few months where together, at a time where life has felt somewhat on pause, we have been able to share some much needed conversations around the emotional aspects of using a donor to build your family. This session will be an evolution of our hugely successful ‘Donor Decisions & Beyond’ collaboration back in May.
I remember feeling very lost, confused and alone when making these life-changing decisions. I know that hearing from someone who had been there, someone who had donated and someone who had been conceived using a donor would have helped give me some real clarity and hope, as I came to terms with accepting this alternative path to parenthood. Not only this, but it’s also a chance to understand and ask questions about the practical side of matching with a donor and treatment, whilst knowing that you’ll be supported along the way.
It’s an interactive session that will be built around your questions, so if there is something you want to ask please get in touch and submit your question. We’ll also have a giveaway on the night for a lucky participant – keep an eye out on our social media for updates!
We are looking forward to seeing you on September 15th.
About the partners:
With the highest pregnancy rates in the country, Altrui Egg Donation is the UK leader in one-to-one egg donation. They are one of the few mentioned on the HFEA website and pride themselves on their utmost commitment to both recipients and donors, making egg donation a personal, safe, supported and rewarding journey.
Apricity is the next-generation fertility clinic, combining medical excellence with tailored care and the latest technology. They are the treatment arm of Altrui, supporting and guiding donors and recipients through treatment after Altrui makes a match.
Interested in our last egg donation webinar? Watch below.