Altrui Cookie Notice
Last Updated: 26 April 2021
Who we are
This website is operated by Altrui Limited, company number 07240881, with registered office at 24 Old Queen Street, London, England, SW18 9HP (“Altrui”).
This cookie notice relates to your use of our website at https://www.altrui.co.uk/ (“Website”).
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (e.g. computer, smartphone, or other electronic device) when you use our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third-party to recognise you and remember things like your personalised details or user preferences. They also help us learn more about how you use and access our Website so that we can make improvements and update features.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following category:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that tell us that you have seen our cookie notice so that we do not show it to you again.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical or performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our Website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous and is only used to improve how our Website works.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests.
Third party cookies
All of the cookies described so far in this cookie notice are “first party cookies”, which means they are set and controlled by Altrui. Occasionally, third parties may set cookies on our Website which we do not control. These are called “third party cookies”. This will happen where, for example, we have included embedded content on some pages of our Website. When you visit a page with embedded content, the third-party service provider may set its own cookies on your web browser.
Please note that we do not control these cookies and cannot access them. Cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should therefore check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies. We have listed some of these providers below and included a link to their privacy policies:
- Facebook – https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy/cookies/
- Google – https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en-US
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. You can learn more about how to block cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that if you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on our Website will not work at all.
It is possible to opt out of having your browsing activity recorded by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This will take you to Google’s website and generate a ‘no thanks’ cookie which will stop any further cookies being set by Google Analytics.
To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies (DoubleClick), please visit this website.
How to contact us
Please contact our DPO at email@example.com if you have any questions about this cookie notice or the information we hold about you.
Changes to this cookie notice
This version was last updated in April 2021. We may change this cookie notice from time to time and when we do, we will inform you by updating this section.