We are so thrilled to announce our new collaboration with the Donor Conception Network (DCN)!
The DCN is a pioneering parent-led and child-centred organisation and a supportive charity network of over 2,500 families with children conceived with donated sperm, eggs or embryos, as well as those thinking about or currently undergoing donor egg treatment. Their community includes people across all family types (single, couple, same-sex, heterosexual) from all walks of life, cultural, social and familial.
Their mission is to deliver high quality, non-judgemental and inclusive support and information to both parents (intended and current) and their children, in order to help them navigate the often complex journey of donor conception.
The Donor Conception Network help by:
- Offering information, support, community and resources to anyone involved in donor conception, whether personally or professionally.
- Hosting both in-person and virtual events, where people can watch and listen anonymously rather than participating actively. This offers the option to learn and benefit from the community while protecting your privacy.
- Organising workshops that offer a confidential space for people to explore hopes and fears in a structured, facilitated way, such as:
- Destination Parenthood: for people considering donor conception looking for a dedicated, supported space to explore their feelings, concerns and hopes with other people at a similar stage.
- Telling and Talking: for people after they have children. These workshops are designed to help people consider the how, when and why of ‘telling’ young children. This is often something that parents can feel extremely anxious about and really want to ‘get it right’. There is no one way to do it, but the DCN has decades of experience that they use to help people work out the right time and way for them.
- Running a phone and email helpline, alongside plenty of free information on their website.
- Ensuring that the environment in which our children grow up as donor-conceived individuals is the best it can be.
In return, we are supporting their cause by joining their clinic supporter scheme as well as collaborating in various events and webinars.
If you would like to find out more about the Donor Conception Network, visit their website via the following link https://www.dcnetwork.org/