Egg donation with Altrui
“We are all about helping you to start or complete your family, and getting this right.”
Our ‘one donor to one recipient’ policy means that when we have carefully matched you to an Altrui egg donor, all eggs from that one treatment cycle will be donated exclusively to you. Given that the average egg collection is 15 eggs, this is what makes this policy so cost effective and successful. Unlike many egg donation programmes in the UK, you will not share eggs with another person – which is ‘egg-sharing’.
There are many reasons why having an exclusive altruistic egg donor in the UK is in your best interests:
- The best embryos can be selected for transfer, which gives you the highest chance of a pregnancy – currently 78% with our egg donors.
- 81% of our recipients have blastocysts to freeze. This means that it’s possible to use frozen embryos from the same egg donor in the future, and not have to start all over again with a different egg donor, with all the related costs.
- It is the most cost effective option for you. Having one exclusive egg donor means you could potentially have several opportunities to become pregnant from this one donation.
- If you do become pregnant, your frozen embryos from this one egg donor, provides the opportunity of having further genetically and biologically related children in the future.
- We match you very carefully with a donor and will ensure that she has full support throughout her egg donation journey for you.
- Any child will have the right to access identifying information about their egg donor in the future. We give you the donor’s personal profile, child photos and physical characteristics.
Information and Registration
Altrui is a small dedicated team, specialising in the care of everyone involved in the process. We help you by finding an egg donor so you can undergo treatment at a clinic here in the UK. You can be confident that you will receive ongoing care from an expert clinical team, backed up by Altrui, and that your egg donor has been through fully regulated screening with full protection of UK law.
As Alison, the founder of Altrui, says:
“If I needed donated eggs I know that I would be very fussy about where I went for help and who I trusted to help me. I would have a myriad of questions and would want to be assured that whomever I was dealing with really knew what they were talking about and had the knowledge and experience to do things properly.
Although I admit that primarily I would be looking for a donor who was a great match with me and with whom I felt a connection, I would also be concerned that the donor was being well looked after and cared for and really appreciated for her extraordinary generosity in making such an amazing gesture. I would want to feel that the people I was turning to for help cared enough to get it right for me.
In starting Altrui, that is exactly what I have set out to provide. My aim at all times is to offer exactly what I would want if I was in your position.”